Creating a discount offer for a specified amount of total purchase
How can I create a discount based on the amount that the customer should purchase?
There are three types of discount offer that you can create with the Discounted Pricing app.
- Volume Discount - allows you to set a discount based on a required minimum quantity of purchase
- Spend Amount - Get Discount - allows you to set a discount based on a required amount of the total purchase
- Buy X for $ - allows you to set a discount based on a specified number of items
To create the discount offer that you want to achieve, you will need to choose the Spend Amount - Get Discount type of offer. To do this, follow the steps below:
1. Launch the app and click Create Offer.
2. Click the drop-down arrow in the Offer Type section and choose Spend Amount - Get Discount.
3. In the Offer Details section, set your required amount of the total purchase under Min Spend and then choose the discount that you want to apply by clicking the drop-down arrow. In this example, we entered 400 as the required amount and chose Eur off total order which is 40 for the discount.
4. Choose the product(s) where the discount should apply. In this example, we chose the Example T-shirt and Nice Shoes. This means that when the customer buys either one or a combination of the products mentioned above and the total amount of purchase reached at least 400, he will be entitled to a discount of 40. This will bring his bill down to only 360.
Note: You can also search by collection to choose a product or check the box that would apply the discount to the entire store. This means that whatever product the customer buys will not matter as long as the total amount of purchase reaches 400.
5. Click Save.
Your offer will now apply to your online store.