Additional discount codes
If there is a need to offer your customers the option to use a discount code on top of a Discounted Pricing offer, the app can be set to allow your customers to use discount codes together with their discounted offers. So they are happier and more satisfied, while you gain returning and loyal customers.
In this article:
Discount codes you can use with Discounted Pricing
- Percentage discount - with this code, the customer gets an additional percentage off on the amount of his purchases. This discount can be applied to his entire order, to a specific collection(s), or to a specific product(s). You can set minimum requirements on this type of code such as the minimum total amount for the whole purchase, or a minimum quantity of items. For example, the customer gets a 10% discount when he uses the Disc1 code.
- Fixed Amount - using a code on this, the customer gets a fixed amount less on his purchases. This discount can be applied to his entire order, to a specific collection(s), or to a specific product(s). You can set minimum requirements on this type of code such as the minimum total amount for the whole purchase, or a minimum quantity of items. For example, the customer gets a fixed $30 less on his purchase when he uses the Disc2 code.
- Buy X Get X - this type of code allows the customer to get a discount on a specified product or collection when he buys another specified product or collection. This discount can be a percentage off the second item or totally free, depending on your settings. For example, if the customer buys a pair of Cool Kicks sneakers, he gets an Example T-Shirt totally free of charge if he uses the Disc3 code.
- Shipping discounts
- Expired discounts
- Upsell-based discount code
- Customer eligibility discounts that specify customers or group of customers
- Discounts based on usage limits (limit to one use per customer or to a number of times used)
Note: Using these types of codes in conjunction with our app may cause undesirable effects. An example includes and is not limited to: providing the customer with a 100% discount code instead of "free shipping" when using the free shipping Shopify discount code option.
Applying additional discount codes
Here are a few simple steps to allow additional discount codes:
- Launch the app and click Settings.
- Click General Settings.
- Slide the button to the ON position to allow customers to use a discount code in conjunction with their discounted cart.
- Click Save.
Note: You can turn this setting OFF anytime you want if you feel necessary to prevent your customers from using additional discount codes again.
Do I need to create the discount codes?
No. The app automatically creates the discount codes and applies the discounts as soon as the requirements are met.
Can I customize the discount codes that are generated by the app?
There is no setting within the app that can allow you to change or customize these codes. These codes are automatically generated and must be unique discount codes prefixed with BA_ so they are easily identifiable by Bossterapps.
Is there a limit on how many discount codes can be created for the app?
No. Discount codes are automatically generated when you create your offers and there is no limit.
Can I set the app to apply the discount code to the regular-priced item?
In the real environment, this does not actually matter. The app uses the total purchase price in the cart as a basis for the discount it applies, and not the specific product inside the cart. The app has a feature, however, that allows you to use discount codes in conjunction with the app. You can enable or disable this feature anytime you want.
Can a customer use the discount code repeatedly?
No. The discount codes created in Shopify through the app are all one-time codes and can only be used once. As soon as they are used, they automatically expire and cannot be used again.
Is it possible to have the discount code deleted from the checkout page?
The discount code is automatically generated by the app as soon as the customer has met the requirements to avail of the discount. You cannot set the app to remove or hide this discount code on the checkout page. It is possible though, to delete this discount code by clicking on the X button beside it. However, the discount that was generated by the app will be removed as well and the amount of purchase will be set back to its regular price without the discount.